You can also ask questions directly to our community!
How to root your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL)
We will see in this article how to root your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). We will also shed light on key points related to rooting. Our team hope this article helps you to root your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL).
What is root on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL)
“Root” or “rooting” is a process that allows users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running on the Android operating system such as your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL) to obtain higher control (called “root access”) on different Android subsystems.
Since Android uses the Linux kernel, this process provides access to administrative rights such as Linux or Linux-based operating systems such as FreeBSD or OS X.
Why root your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL)
First, we want you to know that we do not advise you to root your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). Indeed, by rooting your phone, you risk losing the warranty of the phone.
Also, this operation can simply be prohibited on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). If you still want to root your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL), we can not take any responsibility for the possible consequences of this operation.
This process is done to obtain higher permissions, initially limited by the software manufacturer on some devices.
Therefore, this process will give you flexibility (or permissions) to replace system applications and their settings, run special applications requiring administrator permissions, or launch other operations that ordinary Android users can not perform. On Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL), the root process also helps to completely remove and replace the operating system of the device, usually with the latest version of the operating system.
Rooting your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL) with Kingo Root
Kingo into an application that includes a series of system debugging software for Android devices, including Kingo Root Android, Kingo Root APK and Kingo SuperUser. It is designed to help Android users break down their devices, that is, have super-user access.
Kingo was first launched in 2013 and offers rooting methods for many Android devices of different models, like your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). In terms of Android versions, it supports Android versions of 1.5 to the latest Android version.
To use Kingo, you simply have to go to the web and download “Kingo Root”. Once installed, the application will guide you through the process of rooting your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL).
Root Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL) with Towelroot
In June 2014, an American hacker released a root operating system hack for Android devices like your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). The flaw used is built around the Linux kernel. This flaw was discovered by a hacker, and exploits a failure in the Futex subsystem which, in turn, allows escalation of privileges.
The flaw, known as Towelroot, has been designated as a “one-click Android routing tool” by the hacking community. This application has been designed to be installed quickly like any other application.
We will not detail here the process of downloading the application and let you go on the web and find it yourself.
Although originally released for some version of Android, root exploitation has been made compatible with most Android devices available at that time.
For example, it has been tested and found to work with your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). Be careful however, the latest system updates on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL), have most likely closed this flaw and may not allow you to use Towelroot as you wish.
The benefits of fast rooting on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL)
The advantages of rooting your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL) are, among other things, the possibility of total control over the appearance and appearance of the device.
Since a super-user has access to the system files on the device, all aspects of the operating system can be customized, the only real limitation being the level of coding expertise of the software kernel on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). The immediate benefits of the rooted system are:
- Theme support, allowing you to change most of the visuals, from the color of the battery icon, to the start-up animation that appears when you start your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL).
- Full kernel control, which, for example, allows overclocking and under-starting of the CPU and GPU.
- Full control of the application, including the ability to back up, restore or edit batch applications, or remove “bloatware” preinstalled on many phones.
- Automated custom processes at the system level through the use of third-party applications.
- Ability to install custom firmware (also known as custom ROM) or software (such as Xposed, Busybox …). These features allow additional levels of control over your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL).
Possible root drawbacks on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL)
It may be possible to lose the phone’s warranty. Indeed, in addition to the benefits described in the previous paragraph, the rooting of an Android device also has its own disadvantages.
The most important is the company’s warranty and the ability to restore if the root process fails.
Rooting is the decision everyone, so keep in mind that the manufacturer of your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL) can totally refuse to operate the warranty. And this, even when the period of validity is not over yet.
Currently, only a handful of Android devices can uproot (cancel the root operation) to restore their original state.
Most other machines, like probably your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL), will become permanently blocked if the rooting process fails.
Can cause the machine to run slower than the original
In addition, successful rooting does not necessarily mean that the performance of your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL) will be improved. A handful of Android users have also added that, while trying to improve speed as well as adding new features, they have lost all the inherent capabilities of the device despite the fact that the root process has gone well place.
Root security issues on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL)
Also, rooting and installing a replacement ROM will expose your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL) to high risk of viral infection.
The phone may lose its security, be attacked by a hacker or other.
Similarly, customizing applications, searching for software to root your phone can also take a lot of time.
Applications that take root privileges on Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL)
Here is a non-exhaustive list of applications that will take root mode on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL):
- Superuser allows the user to control which applications use the root with two buttons: allow or deny. As a result, some unknown applications, malicious applications will have to ask root before executing. If you wish to leave the authorization request, go to the menu at Super-user>Settings>Deselect notification.
- Titanium Backup is an application for backing up installed applications and can back up information and data stored on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). Frequent backups ensure proper operation when a custom ROM is installed. Also, the app to help erase some data. In addition, Titanium Backup can use Dropbox accounts for backup (in addition to the SD card).
- Metamorp is a small application that allows you to customize the appearance of almost any Android component such as lock screen, home screen, application icons and just about anything on your screen . The theme of Metamorph is widely available on the Internet. Download it and copy it to the memory card, run Metamorph, and then select that theme.
With Metamorph, you can turn your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL) into an HTC, Samsung TouchWiz or Sony TimeScape interface.
- Adfree is an application that blocks ads at the IP address by editing the hosts file.
In addition, the app does not slow down your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL) and almost all ads are blocked.
- SSH Tunnel is an Android application that allows you to establish secure connections using the SSH protocol. This application is particularly useful when you have to use Wi-Fi in a public area without wanting anyone to interfere in the exchanges of your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). Data such as GMail, Facebook, Android phonebook, messages via IP will be absolutely secure.
- Tasker is an application that automates routine tasks, without the need for root privileges to execute it. However, some Tasker features require root access on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). With Tasker, you can configure the application to run automatically when the headset is plugged in, schedule the application to run / stop, increase volume, and more.
Takser will help you do more work more efficiently.
- SetCPU is a useful tool for regulating the CPU clock for each state of the machine in order to optimize the life of the battery. For example, when charging, the CPU will run at full speed, while when you leave the machine in sleep mode, the rate will be lowered, about 250 MHz, 500 MHz or as you wish. With your overclocked Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL), SetCPU helps prevent the temperature from overheating, by displaying the temperature and the clock corresponding to each use.
- Busybox provides Linux commands to run on your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). For ordinary users, you will not see BusyBox running as such. The application will instead be used as a platform for other applications (like Metamorph) to take advantage of the open source nature of Linux.
- Wireless Tether is an application that turns your phone into a 3G or 4G Wi-Fi hotspot. Some operators offer a Wi-Fi connection to their users, but setting up can be difficult. Still, few operators support 3G or 4G hotspot. The use is simple, just configure the 3G or 4G data network, click on the Wi-Fi icon in the middle, then connect the device to use with the network created. All this on Wi-Fi of course.
To conclude on the root of your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL)
We hope to have provided you with how to root your Asus ZenFone 4 Pro (ZS551KL). Attention, again, we do not advise you to switch to root mode your phone.
This operation is at your own risk, including any loss of warranty.
For more information, experts are here for you via our forum.